Packed with the energy of dry fruits and nuts these energy balls are the powerhouse of protein, nutrients and vitamins to keep you on toes all day long.
These energy balls are rich, decadent and addictive. You cannot just stop with one, the man of house is often off the chart when it comes to healthy eating however these energy balls were swept off on day 1 with demands on to get the next batch ready for the office.
These energy balls have no refined sugar or jaggery are sweetened with dates, raisins and dry fig(anjur). These are the perfect midday snack partners when you are stuck between finishing that presentation or code review or wondering what to cook for lunch… grab these energy ball and see yourself bounce back.I am one of those women, who carry nuts to work every Monday forget it in one safety box. By end of the week, when the thought of weekend rings the bell, I look out for some good food among the hidden treasures in my office cabin, only to find these poor little dry fruits and nuts looking at me with betrayal and thinking there you go again!!!
I am sure I am not the only one out here, ignoring the many to do lists including healthy eating at right intervals, as we are continuously chasing the unknown, thinking every step we take we are close to that fairyland where in everything will be happily ever after without realizing every step we take is close by to another new opportunity which further is filled with its own share of success and failure. Be whatever it is, i believe good and healthy food has answer to all the challenges and one such healthy food in my list off late has been these no bake energy balls.
They are easy, do not need any preparation time nor any serious measuring with spoon or any baking science. These energy balls are diverse as well and could be modified to include those ingredients available in your pantry. So next time, skip those store bought biscuits and pack these energy balls as a mid day snack to the entire family to relish without any guilt.
Time: 10 – 15 minutes
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup pistachio
1/2 cup cashews
1/2 cup deseeded dates
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup dry fig
2 tbspn flax seeds
2 tbspn chia seeds
- If any of the ingredients are refrigerated bring them to room temperature.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Pulse all the ingredients together in a food processor/mixer grinder till all the ingredients stick together with oils released from nuts.
- Once it reaches a consistency where in you can form balls, stop pulsing take a tbspn of mixture roll it into balls, continue the same with remaining mixture and refrigerate for 30 mins.
- After 30 mins remove it and store them in an airtight container in the fridge, they stay good for few days.
- Optional: I have rolled my energy balls on sesame seeds, desiccated coconut and some cocoa powder(for the love of chocolate) before setting in refrigerator.So don’t you agree this is one of those easiest recipes to nail and carry to work/school or to your healthy freak friend, who might shower you with an unending love.
- As i said, you can add any nuts and fruits.
- Those not friends with sweet, can reduce the quantity of raisins, fig and dates.