With summer’s still around some parts of the country is sweating under the scorching heat, while others parts are receiving some showers.
Summers for me were holidays, grandma’s sweet little home, mangoes, butter milk and the Popsicles. The popsicles we got in the village were not fruit filled or neither healthy. It was just sugar water mixed with every possible rainbow color to attract every little child playing on the street. It was what every kid needed just before heading to lunch after spending hours on the streets, utilizing every natural resource available as a toy.
The beautiful cube shaped popsicle attached to not so strong stick, with color drops dripping in as you walk home talking about all good things with friends.
For many Summer is a curse due to the severe heat, well for few Summer is/was a celebration. A celebration for new beginning at shcool, for new friends across the streets, learning new things under the sky, holding a friend’s hand and with other hand busy licking that Popsicle to the last bit. Happiness then was really in these small little things, i am recreating those happy memories in my sweet little home with these natural all fruit popsicle with no added sugar.
Quantity: 8 – 10
Time: 15 Minutes prep time + 5-6 hours set time
3 cups of watermelon cubes
2 kiwi fuits
1-2 tbspn honey
1 tspn freshly squeezed lemon
1. Blend the kiwi fruit till smooth with honey.
2. Pour the blended kiwi juice in a popsicle mold, by filling one third of the mold with kiwi juice.
3. Place sticks in the mold and freeze till kiwi is completely set.
4. In the mean time, blend the deseeded watermelon cubes along with lemon juice until smooth
5. Drain off any excess seed, remove the popsicle mold from freezer after kiwi is set, pour in the watermelon mixture and freeze it for another 4 hours.
6. Once the popsicles are completely set, remove from the freezer and leave them on the counter for few minutes for easy removal of popsicles. Alternatively you can dip the molds in warm water, flip them and loosen them along with the stick.
7. Enjoy the popsicles with your family and relive the good old days.
- You can get creative and add any fruit you need and alternate the layers as per your color preference.